Dave Williams, MSW, LCSW
Dave has experience working with a wide variety mental health issues, individuals with: anxiety and depression, family and school problems; hyperactivity; aggression, developmental delays, obesity, OCD, sexual acting out, identity issues, as well as, perpetration and victimization issues. In addition, he has experience with individuals struggling with authority; inadequate social skills and social judgment; and attachment issues.
For the first 11 years of his career, Dave specialized in child, adolescent and family problems; however, in the last 10 years, he has grown to enjoy working with a more diverse population including: adults of all ages, individuals dealing with addictions, and couples.
Dave has a Bachelor’s in Psychology from Stockton State College in New Jersey and received his Master’s in Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a certified pre and post test HIV counselor and is also certified in Life Space Crisis Intervention.
Dave believes in a client centered, cognitive behavioral approach, where compassion, dignity and understanding are the hallmarks of his work with others.
- Adults, Couples, College aged youth, and 16+
- Cognitive behavioral
- Solution focused
- Reality based
- The University of Pennsylvania Master's Degree in Social Work (2001)
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology (1995)
- Individuals working through relationship issues
- Aging and the life cycle
- Weight loss and lifestyle changes
- Depression associated with injuries